Monday, February 15, 2010

Housewifely Skills I Have Yet To Learn

I think I am a pretty good cook, my house is relatively clean, I can entertain pretty well (although the results are often uneven), I am crafty, and my gardening is even coming along. But there are a few places where I am deficient:

  • Gift-wrapping. I have never learned to make things perfect and pretty, and professionally wrapped. I even worked at a store with a nice gift-wrapping station, and yet I never picked it up.
  • Bed-Making. I have fluffy down comforters on my bed, which admittedly does save me from having to showcase my hospital corners. Which is good, since I couldn't make one to save my life. My mother-in-law is a master bed-maker. I think I might need to sign up for a class with her.
I am sure there are more areas than these two (which seem related, now that I have written them down.) But these are the two that are plaguing my thoughts this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment