Monday, January 18, 2010

Chute!

One of the absolute best things about apartments are trash chutes. I love them. Sending my garbage hurtling down many stories is both cathartic, fun, and satisfying. When I am staying with one of my housebound friends, and they lug their cans, one by one, out to the side of the road one night a week, I silently laugh with glee.

In our place, we have a recycling chute and a trash chute. The recycling chute could be a little bigger. Most of the people who live near me are apparently not quite smart enough to properly break down a box to send it down the recycling chute, so they leave it stacked in the chute room. But what would be most excellent would be a composting chute! Does anyone have one of these in their apartment building?

No comments:

Post a Comment